The upgrade was mostly painless except where GNUCash & XMMS were concerned.
GNUCash had stupid dependancy errors when I tried to go from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2. This was all on GNUCash's side but it was still annoying. There were 5 libraries that existed on the system but which GNUCash couldn't use even though they were in the correct locations. Even trying to compile the source proved fruitless since it kept coming up with a version error (i.e. it requires version 1.39 -> 99.99.99 and it can't find it despite the fact that version 1.64 is installed and fully functional). I gave up on that for the time being.
XMMS couldn't play MP3s because of the current legal crap surrounding them. That was easily resolved by downloading the newest version and compiling it. Suddenly everything was all better. I'm not sure if this had something to do with the fact that MPG123 was still installed on the system from the original RH7.2 installation. When I get around to installing this on Moya I'll see what happens on a clean install. I'm fairly disappointed with that though. Very lame.
Oh, and the serial cable for the Treo stopped working after the upgrade. No hot syncing for me :(. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it. I'm hoping that I'll have better luck figuring out what's going on with it once I do the new install on Moya.
Computers - 2, Victor - 1
At least I can listen to music again.