Dragon -V- (dragonvpm) wrote,
Dragon -V-

  • Mood:
  • Music:

The Trip & The Show...

... or, how Victor ended up driving nearly 1000 miles in 2 days.

So, let's see. I ended up working a bit later than expected on Monday. I didn't get to Dave's until a bit before 1. We picked up Ally and headed out of town. We drove about 130 miles before Molly had a fit. I'm probably going to end up having to replace her engine in the very near future. Joy.

Rather than risk ending up stuck on the side of the road, I carefully lead Molly back to my folk's place so that I could grab my mom's truck. So much for the best laid plans of mice & dragons. We made it back into town without any major problems (and I've actually been using Molly the last couple of days, I just didn't think she would make reliably make the entire trip). We transferred stuff over to the other truck (affectionately known as the BRRoL) and headed out again (losing only 4 hours in the process).

The second attempt at making it to Albuequerque proved much more successfull and Big Red got us there in good time. We drove by the Sunset Theatre right around 9pm and we heard a band that definitely wasn't the Rev. So we booked it to the hotel, Dave got us checked in and we quickly dropped off our stuff, washed up and headed out again. We made it to the theatre by around 9:45-ish and got in while no one was playing. We established that the Rev hadn't come on yet (which took a huge load off my back) and we chatted for a few minutes until the show started. All told, we were there for, maybe 10 minutes before the Rev came onstage. Damn good timing considering how much stuff hand't worked out as planned. Finally, we had:

The Show!

The show started and I have to say, after all the stress from that afternoon/evening and despite my extreme exhaustion (at that point I'd been running around for about 16 hours), I had never been quite as happy to be at a show as I was at that moment. I eventually noticed that there was a balconey and after a quick trip up there, I saw that it had a great view. After a few unsuccessful attempts to get Ally or Dave's attention, I headed back down to drag them back up. Unfortunately, the balconey was 21+ and Ally wasn't so we decided to hang out downstairs.

This is, oddly enough, when we had a tiny bit of drama. Ally and I didn't know this until after the show, but Dave ended up passing out shortly after our failed attempt to get onto the balconey. He and Ally were sitting towards the back and I was looking for good shots of the goings on. He got up without really telling us what was up and he wandered away. Ally and I figured he went to the restroom or something like that and we kept watching the show. He made it out to the lobby before passing out. Fortunately it wasn't a serious situation, but I did feel a tiny twinge of guilt at not being able to help him out (not to mention annoyance and missing such a great photo op ;). While he was recovering from the vapors, the show must go on, and Ally and I certainly enjoyed it.

I wasn't able to get any good shots of the Rev surfing Jimbo's bass, but I did get one or two that show off a few of their moves. While Dave was MIA, we headed up to the front and Ally ended up having to fend off the advances of an annoying, drunk, woman who seemed rather smitten by her. I, on the other hand, had to simply fend off her fat ass which kept getting spun into us and nearly knocking me over. She also came a bit too close to smacking into a certain sore and tender body part (which also prevented me from actually jumping into the mosh pit for a bit). It was an interesting experience. Ally is a cool girl and I can see why Dave and she have been friends for so long.

At long last, Dave rejoined us shortly before the encore and my last journey up to the balconey. They played another few songs, including their finale, Big Red Rocket of Love:

I had hoped to get a few more pictures of the finale, but apparently I wasn't supposed to be using a camera at all at the show. Oops. Anyways, at least I got a few pictures of the show, and I had a great time hanging out with Ally & Dave and listening to awesome music, played by a kick ass band....


  • Meet Dargo....

    Pixel and I missed having a little black cat around so I went to the pound Saturday afternoon and I found this little guy in need of a new home:…

  • RIP Morticia a/k/a Ninja Cat :-(

    My little black cat died tonight. It was a sudden and surprising end to a great little cat. I'm doing ok, but I will definitely miss that…

  • Still alive!

    Yes, it's true, I am still alive. Nothing particularly earth shattering has been going on lately, I've just been busy with work and then coming home…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.